Wednesday, February 18, 2009

4 1/2 weeks to go!

I enjoyed another momentous run on Saturday (Feb. 14th)! I completed 18.75 miles in 3hrs:11mins! I actually ran out of daylight and time on Thursday to run my 6 or 7 miles, but in the end I think it gave me enough stored up energy to run for so long on Saturday. I find myself quite amused to glance at the various looks I receive from drivers as they pass. They would be worse, I guess if they knew how far I was running that day. I probably do look rediculous though with my headphones, water bottle in hand, and a plastic baggie with some sort of high carb food (peanut M&Ms and crackers this week) safty-pinned to my pants. Infortunately, my warm, winter running tights are not equipped with a much-needed pocket. I had to laugh this Saturday when I was passed twice by a very kind, black bumper van-driving, older gentleman who was as enthusiastic about running as I was and showed his support by waving and honking his horn. Support such as this is always greatly appreciated! Speaking of support, my sponsors have donated $1950 for Bridge of Hope LCC!!

If you haven't visited Bridge of Hope LCC's website yet, I encourage you to read their "stories" part of the website at www.bridgeofhopelcc.org/stories.htm to see how Bridge of Hope and mentoring churches give mothers and their children just the help and support they need.

Thanks and take care!

1 comment:

  1. The first sponsorship check was received at the Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties office today! Thank you Christy for your efforts in moving homeless women and children to wholeness!
    Blessings on your training as you get closer to March 21!

    ReplyDelete