Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back in the game...

So after a short bout of something like the stomach flu on Monday, I did a 3.4 mile test run tonight with minimal discomfort and am ready to do a 6 mile run tomorrow. I'm so glad whatever I had didn't stick around! I'm on my 8th week of training with no intention of turning back. Tomorrow's forcast shows a high of 38 degrees! Right now anything above freezing is cause for celebration! I'm praying for no more 12 degree days!!

Other good news: $1,100.00 raised for Bridge of Hope LCC so far!! Thanks so much to those who have pledged! You guys are definitely keeping my going.

Here is the address to the map of this past Saturday's route I took encompasing almost all of "downtown" New Holland and some back country roads. Last week I saw a great blue herron on this route, which made my day. I think he moved on this week since the creek he was in is now frozen solid!
http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/pa/new-holland/263512945889

(you'll have to copy and paste it into your web browser and it may take a little while to load)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christy! I hope you are doing all right with all this snow and ice! Stay safe.

    We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete